Cebu is located in Visayas Region Philippines. It’s a monumental city in Philippine history because this is the place where Magellan, a Portuguese explorer first landed. It was believed that he was the first one to discover the Philippines in 1521. It is also the birthplace of catholism in the country and guitar capital of the Philippines.
I’ve also learned that one of my filipino celebrity crushes grew up in this city. O well, i can’t help but feel “kilig” over this. Hahaha. I’m talking about the oh so hot and dashing, Matteo Guidicelli. Just spare me from doing this, just scroll down to continue. Hahaha.
– i just felt the need to put him in my blog… hahaha
There are several airlines plying from Manila to Cebu:
a. Cebu Pacific Air: http://www.cebupacificair.com
b. Tiger Air: http://www.tigerairways.com
c. Air Asia: http://www.airasia.com
d. Philippine Airlines: http://www.philippineairlines.com
Departure: 4:20 AM Mactan International Airport via Cebu Pacific Air
Arrival: 5:35 AM in Cebu
1. Via Taxi: Take the WHITE colored Taxi , from the arrival lobby, take the main exit to get outside. Use pedestrian crossing and walk across the road towards the Departure lobby located at the 2nd floor of the bldg. Then go outside via the 1st entrance/exit glass door. – P450
2. Ride PUJ yellow jeep MI-05A towards Marina Mall (infront of Island Souvenir) – P8.50
- PUJ multi-cab is also located at the departure lounge same as the taxi
- We did number 2, coz we wanted to experience the thrill of commuting.
From there ride a Jeep towards AYALA Center – P15.50
- Please take note of the signages usually located at the body of the multi-cab since Cebu is using number coded pujs.
Go to Ayala Center and ride a jeep 12L or 17B or 14D that goes to Escario St. Alight at the corner of Escario St. and Juana Osmena St. (Landmark is Mc Donald’s, Zubuchon and 7-11 located at the right and Jollibee at the left side- P8.50
- The puj station is located outside the mall. It’s a 2-storey building. 12L, 17B or 14D is located at the 2nd floor.
7:00 AM – Arrival at the hotel BEST WESTERN PLUS LEX Hotel – Escario St. cor. Juana Osmena Ext. Cebu City and Leave luggages.
Has a nice breakfast buffet both american and filipino dishes were present. Tho’ varieties didn’t change much during our 2 days stay. Nonetheless, it’s worth it.
It is a relatively new hotel so everything is polished, new and pleasant. The sheets were white as well as the towels. They provided all the simple amenities of a 4 or 5 star hotel.
Located at the heart of Cebu. Actually, it’s in the middle of everything. Tho’ it’s quite a walk from here to the malls but walking distance to Mango Ave where the nightlife action begins. Commuting is easy aswell cause it’s located at the main road.
Definitely a catch! Big room with big bed and has a nice shower room as well. Their swimming pool at the roof deck is so relaxing and secluded. So privacy is not a problem. Will be back here again.
-Pool at Night
-Serenity at Night
8:00 AM – Breakfast at Mc Donald’s – P100
Important Cebuano words:
- BAYAD PO – Palihug
- PARA – Lugar Lang
9:00 AM – Ride 17B going to Crown Regency at Jones Ave. (Pass the Circle and alight) – P8.50
Sky Day Tour Package at Crown Regency- P888
- Includes Lunch Buffet at Wang Shan Lo – 11 to 2 PM
- Entrance Pass to Sky Level
- 1 Sky Ride (Edge Coaster or Skywalk Extreme)
- 1 4D theater Show
- Swimming Pool Use
Unfortunately, it’s raining in Cebu when we’re there and the Sky Day Tour was cancelled by the management. :'(:'(:'( O well, there’s always a next time.
Crown Regency is also near the plaza, Mango Ave. And Robinson’s Place mall.
2:30 PM – Go back via 17B (Carbon to I.T) or 17C (Carbon to Lahug) to N. Escario St. cor Juana Osmena St. – P8.50
Lunch at Zubuchon
3:00 PM – 6:00 PM – Rest and sleep
7:00 PM – Dinner at Layers Lechon (Ayala Center) – P200
8:00 PM – Stroll
10:00 PM – Drinking Session at Mango Ave. (Gen. Maxilom Ave). From the hotel, walk towards Juana Osmena St. (after 3 streets) or From Ayala Center, take Gorordo Ave towards Mango Ave.
- Walking distance from the hotel
- There are several clubs and bars lining across Mango Ave.
9:00 AM – Breakfast at the Hotel
10:00 AM – Ride 17B or 14D Jeep towards Basilica Minore Del Santo Nino, Cebu Cathedral, Magellan’s Cross, Plaza Independencia, Fort San Pedro (entrance – P20) – P15.50
- The church and Magellan’s cross is located beside one another.
- Fort San Pedro is located at Plaza Independencia. It is walking distance from Sto. Nino Church.
12:00 PM – Lunch – P200 (Larsian Barbeque / Fuente Osmena St)
Get back to COLON – Ride a jeep with COLON sign at Legaspi St. outside Cebu Cathedral. Alight at the corner of Osmena and walk towards Colon (landmark GV Tower) – P8.50
- This street is the oldest street in the Philippines
1:00 PM – Taoist Temple
Ride a Jeep infront of BSP along Osmena blvd. With LAHUG on the sides or 17C – P15.50
Landmark on the right side “ the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints”. Get off after passig it. Then walk towards the street perpendicular to the left of the road. (Gorordo Ave). Ride Habal Habal to the temple. – P30
Get off at the gate of Beverly Hills Subd. And ask guard for directions.
2:30 PM – Ride Habal Habal again – P30
Ride 17 C – P15.50
3:00 PM – Taboan Market / Pasalubong
Ride Jeep plying to Carbon or 17C and get off at Sanciangko St. (Landmark, GV Hotel / Sogo). Walk at the side of GV Tower Sanciangko St. until you reached the Market
- It’s a little tricky coming here, you need to ask directions from the locals to assist you to the right path.
- Approx. Prices: P310 (½ kg Dried Pusit)
- P270 (½ kg Danggit)
- P350 (1 kg Dried Mangoes) or 3 for P100 for small pack dried mangoes
- Note: when going to the market, make sure to wear a plain shirt because the smell of the dried fishes will fill-in to your clothes aswell as your bag and hair. It’s a bit irritating but worth of an experience.
5:00 PM – Walk again till you reached Osmena blvd. Cor Sanciangko St. and ride a jeep towards N. Escario St. (Carbon to IT) 17C or 17B – P8.50
6:00 PM – Swimming at Hotel Pool
8:00 PM – Dinner and Chill – P200 (Zubuchon / Escario St. near Islands Stay Hotel)
6:00 AM – Breakfast at the Hotel
7:00 AM – Check – Out
Taxi to Pier – P100 (P50/pax)
8:30 AM – 2Go Supercat to Tagbilaran – P530
My trip was short but sweet. Cebu looks like Manila to me, everything is accessible, food is cheap and the people are nice. I’ll be back definitely and explore some more especially the sinful lechon and chicaron! 😊😊😊