DAY 8 (Korean Folk Village, Hwaseong Fortress & Shopping Time)
6:00 AM – 8:00 AM – Breakfast (6500 won)
8:00 AM – Cheongnyangni to Suwon exit 4 = 1600 won
- (Cheongnyangni Station line 1 to Guro, transfer train towards Suwon Station exit 4)
9:00 AM – After getting off the train at Suwon station, take exit 4 and walk towards the Tourist Information Center located at the left side of the Suwon station Plaza. It takes 1~2 minutes by walk. If you buy an admission ticket to the Korean Folk Village at the Tourist Information Center, you will receive a free shuttle bus ticket to the village (Full package ticket for adults 19 or over is 16,000 won). The free shuttle bus is scheduled at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 01:30, and, 02:30, so if you want to cover both the folk village and the fortress on the same day, it is best to take the 10:30 shuttle bus. The ride takes about 30 minutes.
10:30 AM – Take Bus
11:00 AM – Korean Folk Village
- LUNCH (6500 won)
- To go back to Suwon, take the shuttle bus at the entrance of the Korean Folk Village. From March through October, the returning bus starts at 14:00, 15:30, 16:30 on weekdays, and at 14:00, 16:00, and 17:00 on weekends and holidays. In the winter from November through February, there is a bus at 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 on weekdays, and at 14:00, 15:00, and 16:30 on weekends. The ride takes about 30 minutes.
→ Bus schedule is subject to change every season.
3:00 PM – Suwon to Hwaseong Fortress = 1000 won
- From the Tourist Information Center, walked to the left and found a bus station. Bus no. 11, 13, 36, 38, 39 go to Hwaseong Fortress. Got off at Paldalmun bus stop. (The ride takes about 10 minutes or take taxi) = 850 won
5:00 PM – In front of Yeonmudae, take bus no. 7, 7-2, 60, 660, or 720 and get off at Suwon station. The ride takes about 20 minutes = 850 won
5:30 PM – FREE TIME
- Suwon Station to Jonggak Station line 1 exit 3 to INSADONG = 1600 won
6:30 PM – Insadong – Visit Antique shops
7:30 PM – Jonggak line 1 to Seoul Station, transfer to line 4 towards Hoehyeon (NAMDAEMUN) = 900 won
- Dinner (6500 won)
- Walk from Namdaemun to Myeongdong
Guide to shopping:
A. Myeongdong – this is a shopping district in Seoul if you’re in a look for branded clothes, household brands such as forever 21, h&m, uniqlo etc can also be found here. Almost every corner of this place has a cosmetic store. Famous stores such as Etude House, Face Shop, Skin Food etc are everywhere. One thing i like about this cosmetics store is that when you bought an item, they will definitely provide you with loads of freebies. Yay! It’s buy 1, get more! Hahaha…. And i love it!
B. Dongdaemun – is a combination of bazaar markets and malls with local brands.
C. Namdaemun – is the place if you’re into cheaper clothes, cheap souvenirs such as key chains, shirts, ref magnets or even ginseng. A bit cheaper compared to Dongdaemun. A lot of street foods aswell as those tents (famous in korean series) to have a chat and drink.
*Shopping in Seoul is everywhere, even subway stations have a lot to offer.