DAY 6 (MT. SEORAK)
- Buy Breakfast or Lunch already = 13,000 won
- Make sure you bought your tickets a day prior to your date of departure.
5:30 AM – Go out early towards Dong Seoul Bus Terminal
- Cheongnyangni Station to Gangbyeon Station (Seoul Subway Line No.2), Exit 4 = 1000 won
(Cheongnyangni Station line 1 to Sinseol-dong, then transfer to line 2 to Seongsu Station then transfer train towards Gangbyeon station still at line 2)
The ticketing terminal is located at the 2nd floor. Make sure you ask first if the bus is the one going to Mt. Seoraksan. You might confuse sokcho from another place with a nearly same spelling.
- OR to Seoul Express Bus Terminal = 1000 won
(Cheongnyangni Station line 1 to Jongno3 (sam) ga, then transfer to line 3 towards Express bus terminal)
(At Express Bus Terminal Station (Seoul Subway Line No.3 or No.7), take the underground passage that leads to Seoul Express Bus Terminal. Follow the Gyeongbuseon Line signs which are posted everywhere. Line No.3 offers an easier route to the terminal than Line No.7)
6:30 AM to 7:00 AM – Take bus towards Sokcho Internicity bus terminal = 16100 won
10:00 AM or 11:00 AM – Arrival
- Exit the station turn right, walk a short distance (towards the sea) till you meet the main road, on the left side cross the road towards the bus stop.
- Take bus 7 or 7-1 to Mt. Seorak National Park. It is the last stop. Ride takes about 25 to 30 minutes = 1000 won
11:30 or 12:00 PM – Arrival
MT. SEORAK trails: Gwongeumseong Fortress, Biryong Falls, Biseondae Cliff, and Ulsan Bawi Rock
- ENTRANCE: 3400 won / Cable car: 7000 won
I opt to take one trail since our time is limited and we need to go back before night time. But before this hike, my friend and i thought that the weather will be colder. Unlike our Nami Island tour in which we didn’t came in prepared. We didn’t realize that the island is surrounded by a lake. And that mistake made us froze to death. O well, thank you Sun for rescuing us and thank God for that Sunny day. Anyway, in our course of not committing the same mistake again, we equipped ourselves with the right outfit this time. A bubble jacket, a winter hat and a pair of gloves. Yay!
We then started our Biryong falls climb and in the middle of the trail, i started to remove my hiking outfit. The bubble jacket, the gloves and the hat and found myself sweating like a pig. Hahaha. Epic fail!
Biryong falls trail is about 45 mins to 1 hour. The trail itself is relatively safe and well organized, very tourist friendly. The only downside is that after walking for several minutes, (my companion gave up in the middle of the trail btw.. hahaha) Biryong falls is a bit of a downfall. It’s too small that you can’t even imagine that it was INDEED a falls after all. You can’t blame me since i live in a tropical country surrounded by mountains and sea. Good thing, it’s autumn and the weather is absolutely fantastic for climbing. Nonetheless, the view of the maple trees and the crystal clear water while following the trail really made an impact. My first climb is a success! ❤️❤️❤️
View from the Top
Temple at the Top
The Sentimental Me
Pine Cones and Mistletoes
5:00PM – take a bus no. 7 or 7-1 from entrance of the mountain = 1000 won
- Got this from forum: it takes about 30~40 min from mountain to downtown. take off from Soo-bok tower three-way intersection.(soo-bok-top-sham -guh-ri 수복탑삼거리), and then across the road, turn right and walk 10 steps and turn left and go 50m then across the road and go ahead 30m more. then you can find Sokcho intercity bus terminal there. it only takes 2 hrs and 30min from Sokcho to Dong Seoul bus terminal.
- Or simply remember the landmarks and you’ll be ok. I personally did this. Bear in mind that small buses in Korea don’t have english translation nor the passengers itself don’t understand english. So you better be alert, to not missed your destination.
5:30 PM – Take bus to Dong Seoul bus terminal or to Seoul Express Bus Terminal (last trip at 11 PM) = 17,000 won to 19,000 won
9:30 PM to 10:00 – Arrival. Take MRT
- Gangbyeon to Cheongnyangni Station = 1000 won
(Gangbyeon line 2 to Seongsu Station, then transfer train towards Sinseol-dong, then transfer to line 1 towards Cheongnyangni) OR
- Seoul Express Bus Terminal to Cheongnyangni = 1000 won
(Express Bus Terminal line 3 to Jongno3 (sam) ga, then transfer to line 1 towards Cheongnyangni Station)
- Dinner = 6500 won